A cosy retro style vest and beret knitted in our luxury mohair boucle yarn!
Because of its luxury boucle yarn, the Jacqueline vest was designed with the elegance of a past era in mind. Whether you wear it as a tribute to that classic time, or simply as a incredibly soft cuddly garment in which to enjoy an autumn stroll we know you will adore its luxurious warmth and stylish versatility.
Its simple construction is a breeze to knit and allows for a lot of individual tailoring. Knit seamlessly in the round from the top down, the pattern is cast on at the garter stitch neckband and continues in garter stitch down over the shoulders. Measurements are provided and a suggested number of decreases given, but throughout the pattern sizing is entirely up to the knitter. After stiches are cast off to form the armholes the vest is again joined in the round and worked in stocking stich. A series of decreases allows the garment to be tapered in around the hips (if desired) and the vest is finished with a generous band of garter stitch.
Optional beads are added using the crochet hook method on the shoulders and at the hem. The two samples shown demonstrate different ways of adding the beads to and tapering the hem.
The matching beret can be worked to any depth you prefer and also has the option of a row of beads worked into the ribbed hat band. The rest of the beret is knitted in the round in stocking stitch, making an attractive simple accessory to complete this set with style.
For every kit sold Les Belles Bouclettes donates a portion of the sale to the Forests Ontario tree planting program.
- Vest: XS (S, M, L, XL) to fit standard sizes 28-30 (32-34,36-38,40-42,44-46)
- Beret: 20 - 23”/51 - 58.5cm - head circumference
- 440 - 510 yards (402 - 466 m)
- 12sts x 14rows using bigger needles in st st = 4”/10cm
THE KIT INCLUDES:
- All yarn required to make this ensemble: Les Belles Bouclettes Arctic Wolf, worsted weight yarn ( boucle, novelty yarn) , 137 m / 150 yards in 100 g / 3.5 oz (75% mohair, 25% wool), in natural white or hand-dyed colour.
- Size XS-S (28-30, 32-34) : 3 skeins
- Size M-L (36-38,40-42): 4 skeins
- Size XL (44-46): 5 skeins
- The PDF file will be sent to you via email within 24 hours of your purchase.
- If you prefer the printed copy, check the option and the five page pattern will be sent to you in a clear sheet protector.
- Your copy of Jacqueline Ensemble pattern also includes a Ravelry coupon ( that will allow you to download a complimentary copy to your Ravelry library).
- Please note that all pattern sales are final and non-refundable.
MATERIALS (not included):
* Vest: size 4/0 or 3/0, 1*20g tube for sizes XS, S, M and 2*20g tubes for sizes L and XL.
- Needles: US 8(5mm) and US10(6mm) circular needles 24”/61cm long. Shorter needles may be used for casting on and longer needles may be used for sizes L and XL but not necessary.
* Beret: size 4/0, 32 beads.
- crochet hook 1.25mm for beading, tapestry needle to hide the loose ends.
The kit does not include the knitting needles or any other notions.
|Type of craft
|| 3(3, 4, 4, 5) skeins of Les Belles Bouclettes worsted weight yarn (boucle), "Arctic Wolf" (75% Mohair/25%Wool).
||12sts x 14rows using bigger needles in st st = 4”/10cm
||440 - 510 yards (402 - 466 m)
|Recommended needle size
||US 8 (5 mm) and US 10 (6 mm) circular needles 24”/61 cm long
||XS(S, M, L, XL) to fit standard sizes 28-30(32-34,36-38,40-42,44-46)
ARCTIC WOLF - Worsted Weight Yarn,Boucle, Novelty Yarn,Mohair-Wool Blend,Hand-Dyed Skeins,Semi-Solid..
Jacqueline Ensemble Pattern by Nataliya Polyakov .“The instant I saw this creation I thoug..
ARCTIC WOLF - Worsted Weight Yarn,Boucle, Novelty Yarn,Natural Colour Skeins.These skeins were spun ..
ARCTIC WOLF - Worsted Weight Yarn,Boucle, Novelty Yarn,Mohair-Wool Blend,Hand-Dyed Skeins,Ombre Colo..
Tags: Jacqueline Ensemble Kit,