A charming, cosy and comfortable cardigan for your little one to wear!!
6-12 (12-18, 18-24, 24-36) months
Let Madeleine tell you about her gorgeous pattern in her own words:
"Bernina is a mountain in the Alps on the border between Switzerland and Italy.
Bernina is a cute, cozy and practical cardigan for a baby or toddler with a playful cable design. It is worked from the bottom up and at the underarm, the sleeves, which have been knit separately (in the round), are knit on and the top is shaped using a saddle-shoulder method, for which full instructions are given. The button band is then picked up from the front edges to complete the garment, and the only seams to close are a few stitches at the underarms! The sizes are designed to give around 5 cm/ 2” of positive ease around the chest, both for comfort and growing space. If in doubt you can measure the child’s chest and then choose your size accordingly."
Read more about what the designer has to say about her gorgeous creation!
For every kit sold Les Belles Bouclettes donates a portion of the sale to the Forests Ontario tree planting program.
FINISHED CHEST MEASUREMENTS
The sizes are designed to give around 5 cm/ 2” of positive ease around the chest, both for comfort and growing space. If in doubt you can measure the child’s chest and then choose your size accordingly.
- 6-12 (12-18, 18-24, 24-36) months
- 56 (60, 66, 72) cm
- 22 (23¾, 26, 28¼)”
- 350 - 600 yards (320 - 549 m)
- 22 stitches and 27 rows = 4 inches in stocking stitch (after wet blocking)
THE KIT INCLUDES:
- a copy of Bernina Cardigan pattern (sent by default in PDF file). The pattern is charted and written out.
- all yarn, in natural white or hand-dyed colour, required to make this baby cardigan. Les Belles Bouclettes Amelia, sport weight yarn, 238 m / 260 yards in 100 g / 3.5 oz (60% mohair, 40% merino) :
* 6-12, 12-18, 18-24 months: 2 skeins
* 24-36 months: 3 skeins
- If you prefer the printed copy, check the option and the ten page pattern will be sent to you in a clear sheet protector.
- Your copy of Bernina Baby Jacket pattern also includes a Ravelry coupon ( that will allow you to download a complimentary copy to your Ravelry library).
- Please note that all pattern sales are final and non-refundable.
MATERIALS & NOTIONS (Not Included)
- Needles: US 2½ (3.0 mm) circular needles: For sleeves –circulars long enough for magic loop, OR double pointed needles (DPNs). for the body – a circular of 80 cm would be enough up until the sleeves are added, at which point a 100 cm or 120 cm is advised otherwise it is too tight to work the sts (the extra cable length can be used to pull out “loops” akin to magic loop to relieve the tension). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge
- Cable needle
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- 12 stitch markers of colour/type A, 4 stitch markers of colour/type B, 2 further stitch markers (for beg of rnd)
- Tapestry needle
- Buttons 6 (7, 7, 7)
- Needle and thread for attaching buttons
The kit does not include the knitting needles or any other notions.
|Type of craft||Knitting|
|Yarn used||2(2,2,3) skeins of Les Belles Bouclettes sport weight Amelia yarn (60% Mohair - 40% Merino) OR 2(3,3,4) skeins of Les Belles Bouclettes DK weight Pauline yarn (60% Mohair - 20% Merino - 20% Nylon)|
|Gauge||22 stitches and 27 rows = 4 inches in stocking stitch (after wet blocking)|
|Yardage||350 - 600 yards (320 - 549 m)|
|Recommended needle size||US 2½ (3.0 mm) circular needles|
|Category||Vest, Baby Clothes|
Bernina Cardigan Kit
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: K14
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Out Of Stock