On The Slopes Kit - Set (Adult and Child Hat)
This winter wear our attractively textured warm hat on and off the ski slopes! We know you'll have fun working the quick and easy knit.
Knit in the round with yarn doubled, On The Slopes works up so fast you'll find that one hat just isn't enough. Its wide cable panels and blackberry bobble stitch keep the knitter's interest and are easy to memorize. The pattern instructions are given to match the pictured versions. Three colors were used in each. Instead of straight forward stripes colors are introduced one strand at a time providing a slower transition that adds visual interest to the final garment. Feel free to work the hat in only one color (or two) if you prefer, the pattern will be wonderful with any and all color variations.
Top your fabulous creation off with a pom-pom made in one or all of the colors in the hat. And now you are ready to hit the slopes (or the streets) in style
For every kit sold Les Belles Bouclettes donates a portion of the sale to the Forests Ontario tree planting program.
- Adult: 18”/45.5cm circumference unstretched. 10”/25.5cm high.
- Child: 17”/43cm circumference unstretched. 9”/23cm high.
- 390 - 410 yards (357 - 375 m)
- Adult hat: 4.5sts x 5rows = 1”/2.5cm in 1x1 rib working in round on smaller needles.
- Child hat: 4sts x 5rows = 1”/2.5cm in 1x1 rib working in round
THE KIT INCLUDES:
- a copy of On The Slopes pattern (sent by default in PDF file). The pattern is written out.
- all yarn required to make a set of 2 hats (child AND adult) : 3 skeins in Les Belles Bouclettes Pauline, DK weight yarn, 165 m / 180 yards in 100 g / 3.5 oz (60% mohair, 20% wool, 20% nylon) , in natural or hand-dyed colour
- The PDF file will be sent to you via email within 24 hours of your purchase.
- If you prefer the printed copy, check the option and the two page print pattern (printed on both sides of the pages) will be sent to you in a clear sheet protector.
- Your copy of On The Slopes pattern also includes a Ravelry coupon ( that will allow you to download a complimentary copy to your Ravelry library).
- Please note that all pattern sales are final and non-refundable.
MATERIALS (not included):
* Adult hat: US 8 (5mm) and US9(5.5mm) circular needles 16”/40cm long.
* Child hat: US8(5mm) circular needles 16”/40cm long.
- stitch markers
- cable needle
- tapestry needle for sewing ends
The kit does not include the knitting needles or any other notions.
|Type of craft||Knitting|
|Yarn used||3 skeins of Les Belles Bouclettes DK weight yarn, Pauline (60% mohair, 20% wool, 20% nylon)|
|Gauge||Adult hat: 4.5sts x 5rows = 1”/2.5cm in 1x1 rib working in round on smaller needles. ** Child hat: 4sts x 5rows = 1”/2.5cm in 1x1 rib working in round|
|Yardage||390 - 410 yards (357 - 375 m)|
|Recommended needle size||Adult hat: US 8 (5mm) and US9(5.5mm) circular needles 16”/40cm long. *** Child hat: US8(5mm) circular needles 16”/40cm long.|
On The Slopes Kit
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: K21
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Out Of Stock