A unisex sock pattern
It is with great sadness that we share the news that the gifted knitting designer Adrienne Fong, passed away late last year after losing a long battle with cancer. We feel blessed that we had the opportunity to work with this talented lady. Her wonderful sock pattern To Bling Or Not To Bling is one we treasure.
It is in honour of her memory we have decided to donate a portion of all of our knitting and crochet kits sales to the Little Angels Blood Cancer Fund .
Here is a link on CanadaHelps if you would like to make an immediate donation to them: CanadaHelps Little Angels.
What Is Remembered Lives!
ADRIENNE'S GIFT TO YOU!!!
Starting now, the digital copy of Adrienne's pattern To Bling Or Not To Bling Socks will also be available free of charge. If you prefer a print copy you will only be charged the cost of printing the pattern.
Like Adrienne said: "This unisex pattern is manly enough for the guys in your life but can be beaded to add a little pizzaz for the gals who might enjoy a little “bling.”"
This flexibility makes it the perfect sock pattern to use when planning presents for Everyone on your list! A quick knit that creates an attractive sock with a cabled design, you are sure to love the cosy socks you make up using To Bling or Not To Bling.
For every kit sold this year 2020, Les Belles Bouclettes donates a portion of the sale to the Little Angels Blood Cancer Fund.
- Adult small, med, large, ex-large (to fit a 7, 8, 9, 10 inch ankle)
Finished size for Medium (blocked & relaxed):
- 7-1/2 inch leg circumference
- 7 inch foot circumference
- 6-1/2 inch leg length
- Medium pair with 9-3/4 inch foot length required about 340 yds
- 9 sts & 12 rows/inch in stockinette
THE KIT INCLUDES :
- a copy of To Bling or Not To Bling pattern (sent by default in PDF file). The pattern is charted and written out.
- yarn required to make a pair of socks: 1 skein of Les Belles Bouclettes Prairie Crocus, sock weight yarn, 425 m / 465 yards in 120 g / 4.2 oz (60% mohair, 20% wool, 20% nylon) in natural white or hand-dyed colour.
PLUS, IN OPTION:
- 1 ADDI circular 12" (30cm) knitting needles, 2.5mm (US size 1.5)
- 1 bag of Miyuki 8/0 Crystal AB Seed Beads : 10g. Approximately 380 beads. A dental floss
threader is included when you add beads to this kit!
If you take both options ( the knitting needles and beads), we will be pleased to give you a Big Eye Beading Needle for free.
- The PDF file will be sent to you via email within 24 hours of your purchase.
- If you prefer the printed copy, check the option and the five page print pattern (printed on both sides of the pages) will be sent to you in a clear sheet protector.
- Your copy of To Bling or Not To Bling pattern also includes a Ravelry coupon ( that will allow you to download a complimentary copy to your Ravelry library).
- Please note that all pattern sales are final and non-refundable.
MATERIALS (not included):
- Needle size: US size 1.5 needles (2.5mm) or size needed to obtain gauge
The kit does not include the knitting needles or any other notions.
- Beads (Optional): 156 (156, 130, 130) Size 8/0 seed beads ( more required if foot is beaded)
- Crochet hook/Oral B Super Floss for bead placement
- Stitch Markers
- Cable Needle
- Tapestry Needle
|Type of craft||Knitting|
|Yarn used||1 skein of Les Belles Bouclettes sock yarn " Prairie Crocus" [60% mohair,20% wool, 20% nylon; 465 yards/425 metres per 120 grams/4.2 ounce skein];|
|Gauge||9 sts & 12 rows/inch in stockinette|
|Yardage||Medium pair with 9-3/4 inch foot length required about 340 yds|
|Recommended needle size||US size 1.5 needles (2.5mm) or size needed to obtain gauge|
|Size||Adult small, med, large, ex-large (to fit a 7, 8, 9,10 inch ankle)|
To Bling or Not To Bling Kit
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: K19
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Out Of Stock