An ear flap hat that is more than just cute and cosy!
The Perfect Hat For Men And Women!!
With the "fur" trim and flaps (knitted in Les Belles Bouclettes Arctic Wolf boucle novelty yarn), this hat is both practical and attractive.
Ear flaps button in place (or under the chin) and the front flap can be tacked in place or buttoned up.
The hat's body is worked in the round in Les Belles Bouclettes Pauline yarn, mohair blends sure to keep you warm in the cold winter winds!
Knit with doubled yarn in the round this hat requires surprisingly small quantities of individual colours making it simple to knit a selection of hats with different colour combinations using only a few skeins of yarn.
Trim your hat with matching or contrasting boucle, work the body and crown of the hat in one, two or three colours (pattern notes have details on how to work colour gradations), with your colour choices and combos you'll be making every hat a one-of-a-kind creation! Better yet, by blending colours and changing trims you can customize each hat for the special person who gets to wear it!
Note On Colour Variations: The body and crown of the hat can be worked in one or more colours. Some of our models were knitted using a method that gradually transitions through three colours giving the hat greater visual appeal and the knitter a wide scope for creative colour blending!
For every kit sold Les Belles Bouclettes donates a portion of the sale to the Forests Ontario tree planting program.
- 23”/58.5cm circumference unstretched
- 270 yards (247 m)
THE KIT INCLUDES:
- a copy of Louis' Hat pattern (sent by default in PDF file).The pattern is charted and written out.
- all yarn required to make a hat :
* Unicolour hat's body: * 50 grams of Les Belles Bouclettes Arctic Wolf, worsted weight yarn (boucle novelty yarn- 137 m/150 yd in 100g /3.5 oz) (75% mohair, 25% wool)
* 1 skein of Les Belles Bouclettes Pauline, DK weight yarn, 165 m / 180 yards in 100 g / 3.5 oz (60% mohair, 20% wool, 20% nylon)
* Multicolour hat's body: * 50 grams of Les Belles Bouclettes Arctic Wolf, worsted weight yarn (boucle novelty yarn- 137 m/150 yd in 100g /3.5 oz) (75% mohair, 25% wool)
* 50 grams each in colours A, B and C in Les Belles Bouclettes Pauline, DK weight yarn, (181 m / 198 yards in 100 g / 3.5 oz) (60% mohair, 20% wool, 20% nylon)
- The PDF file will be sent to you via email within 24 hours of your purchase.
- If you prefer the printed copy, check the option and the print pattern (printed on both sides of the page) will be sent to you in a clear sheet protector.
- Your copy of Louis' Hat pattern also includes a Ravelry coupon ( that will allow you to download a complimentary copy to your Ravelry library).
- Please note that all pattern sales are final and non-refundable.
MATERIALS (not included):
- Needles: US 2 (2.75 mm) straight or circular AND US 8(5mm) circular needles 16”/40cm long.
- Optional: sewing needle and 4 buttons.
The kit does not include the knitting needles or any other notions.
|Type of craft||Knitting|
|Yarn used||0.5 skein of Les Belles Bouclettes "Arctic Wolf", worsted weight yarn (boucle novelty yarn) + approx. 100grams of Les Belles Bouclettes "Pauline", DK weight yarn,|
|Gauge||4 sts x 8 rows = 1”/2.5cm on US 2 needles worked in garter st with "Arctic Wolf" *** 4sts x 5 rows = 1”/2.5cm on US 8 needles worked in st st worked with "Pauline" held double.|
|Yardage||270 yards (247 m)|
|Recommended needle size||Needles: US 2 (2.75 mm) straight or circular AND US 8(5mm) circular needles 16”/40cm long.|
Louis' Hat kit
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: K22
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Out Of Stock