This sock was designed to showcase the beauty and simplicity of this beautiful sock yarn.
Twisted features a simple cable design down the front of the leg and foot of each sock. The cable is set against a reverse stockinette background and the rest of the sock utilizes ribbing to ensure a comfortable fit that does not cause the cable pattern to be pulled or stretched out of shape when worn. Twisted features a heel flap and gusset with traditional French heel and a wedge toe that is Kitchener stitched at the end. The pattern is needle-neutral, so you can knit it with your needle of choice in your preferred style. Written instructions are provided, and the pattern is easily reversible for knitters who prefer to knit socks toe-up. Instructions are included for narrow, medium and wide widths. Foot length is customizable.
For every kit sold Les Belles Bouclettes donates a portion of the sale to the Forests Ontario tree planting program.
- narrow width (7.5 inch/ 19 centimetre), medium width (8.5 inch/ 21.5 centimetre), and wide width (10 inch/ 25 cm).
- 300 - 400 yards (274 - 366 m)
- 8 sts / 12 rows = 1 inch / 2.5 cms in stockinette stitch measured after blocking
- a copy of Twisted sock pattern. (sent by default in PDF file). The pattern is written out.
- yarn required to make a pair of socks: 1 skein of Les Belles Bouclettes Prairie Crocus, sock weight yarn, 425 m / 465 yards in 120 g / 4.2 oz (60% mohair, 20% wool, 20% nylon), in natural white or hand-dyed colour.
Plus, in option:
- 1 ADDI circular 12" (30 cm) knitting needles, size 2.25mm (US size 1)
- If you prefer the printed copy, check the option and the three page print pattern (printed on both sides of the pages) will be sent to you in a clear sheet protector.
- Please note that all pattern sales are final and non-refundable.
MATERIALS (not included)
The kit does not include the knitting needles or any other notions.
- Needles: 1 set 2.25mm (US size 1) double-point needles or preferred needle type for working in the round pattern is needle-neutral
- Stitch markers (2)
- Tapestry needle
|Type of craft||Knitting|
|Yarn used||1 skein of Les Belles Bouclettes sock yarn "Prairie Crocus" [60% mohair,20% wool, 20% nylon; 465 yards/425 metres per 120 grams/4.2 ounce skein];|
|Gauge||8 stitches and 12 rows = 4 inches in stockinette|
|Yardage||300 - 400 yards (274 - 366 m)|
|Recommended needle size||US 1 - 2.25 mm|
|Size||narrow width (7.5 inch/ 19 centimetre), medium width (8.5 inch/ 21.5 centimetre), and wide width (10 inch/ 25 centimetre).|
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: K07
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Out Of Stock