"Embracing Angel Wrap" by Roxann Blazetich-Ozols
This is how the fabulous designer of "Embracing Angel Wrap", Roxann, describes her pattern inspiration:
"Inspiration for a shawl design can come in many ways and from many places... “Embracing Angel Wrap” was one of those ideas that comes at a time when you are silently reminiscing about friends and family who are no longer with you. Gradually, you feel a warmth around your shoulders as if they are giving you a hug to prove that you are not alone... Just as angels are created in different sizes and colours, you can do the same with these shawl instructions..."
In this pattern you will receive two versions of a classic crescent shawl. Each lends itself to having a variety of personalized creative touches added to make every finished wrap a unique expression of angelic love! With Embracing Angel's versatile design features you'll be able to enjoy wearing this wrap in all seasons.
The following crochet stitches are used in both wraps:
- Chain (CH)
- Slip Stitch (SS)
- Single Crochet (SC)
- Half Double Crochet (HDC)
- Double Crochet (DC)
- Treble Crochet (TR)
Reverse Single Crochet (RSC) is used along the perimeter of the shawlette. A written description of this stitch and a “You Tube” instruction video link is included in this pattern for additional assistance if needed.
The instructions for both the shawlette and shawl are identical to the point where the RSC shawlette border is added. Between the rows of HDC, DC and TR groups is a row of chain loops (CL) which create spaces where the next DC and TR groups are crocheted. The longer shawl version that follows includes the added rows of stitches to be crocheted before a HDC border completes this wrap.
- The PDF file will be sent to you via email within 24 hours of your purchase.
- If you prefer the printed copy, check the option and the four page print pattern (printed on both sides of the pages) will be sent to you in a clear sheet protector.
- Please note that all pattern sales are final and non-refundable.
FINISHED MEASUREMENTS: (blocked)
- SHAWLETTE: 61cm/24" wide x 28cm/12" long
- SHAWL: 97cm/38" wide x 43cm/17" long
- Yarn Shawlette (shawl): 1(2) skein(s) of Les Belles Bouclettes Pauline, DK weight yarn, 165m/180yd in 100g/3.5oz (60% mohair, 20% wool, 20% nylon)
- Hook: 6.0 mm (J)
- Notions: Scissors, measuring tape
- Skill level: All skill levels- knowledge of basic crochet stitches required
NOTE: A different 6 mm hook may produce a different gauge measurement. Keeping to the gauge is not critical for this project.
- After blocking, 10 stitches and 7 rows = 4 inches in 10 DC's X 7 rows (DC,CL,TR,CL,DC,CL,TR)
- 165m/180yd (330m/360yd)
The pattern is written out.
|Type of craft||Crochet|
|Yarn used||1(2) skein(s) of Les Belles Bouclettes "Pauline", DK weight yarn, 165m/180yd in 100g/3.5oz (60% mohair, 20% wool, 20% nylon)|
|Size||SHAWLETTE: 61cm/24" wide x 28cm/12" long - SHAWL: 97cm/38" wide x 43cm/17" long|
|Recommended hook size||6.0 mm (J)|
"Embracing Angel Wrap" Pattern
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: P23
- Availability: 20