Louis' Ear Flap Hat An ear flap hat that is more than just cute and
cosy! The Perfect Hat For Men And Women!!
With the "fur" trim and flaps (knitted in Les
Belles Bouclettes Arctic Wolf boucle yarn) this hat is both practical and
Ear flaps button in place (or under the chin) and
the front flap can be tacked in place or buttoned up.
The hat's body is worked in the round in Les Belles
Bouclettes' Amelia or Pauline yarn, mohair blends sure to keep you warm in the
cold winter winds!
Knit with doubled yarn in the round this
hat requires surprisingly small quantities of individual colours making it
simple to knit a selection of hats with different colour combinations using only
a few skeins of yarn.
Trim your hat with matching or contrasting boucle,
work the body and crown of the hat in one, two or three colours (pattern notes
have details on how to work colour gradations), with your colour choices and
combos you'll be making every hat a one-of-a-kind creation! Better yet, by
blending colours and changing trims you can customize each hat for the
special person who gets to wear it!
Note On Colour Variations: The body and crown of the hat can be worked in one or
more colours. Some of our models
were knitted using a method that gradually transitions through three colours
giving the hat greater visual appeal and the knitter a wide scope for creative
colour blending! In this method approximately 30 grams of each colour
- The PDF file will be sent to you via email within 24 hours of your purchase.
- If you prefer the printed copy, check the option and the print pattern (printed on both sides of the page) will be sent to you in a clear sheet protector.
- Your copy of Louis' Hat pattern also includes a Ravelry coupon ( that will allow you to download a complimentary copy to your Ravelry library).
- Please note that all pattern sales are final and non-refundable.
- 23”/58.5cm circumference unstretched
* 0.5 of a skein of Les Belles Bouclettes Arctic Wolf, worsted weight yarn (boucle novelty yarn), 137 m / 150 yards in 100 g / 3.5 oz (75% mohair, 25% wool)
- Needles: US 2 (2.75 mm) straight or circular AND US 8(5mm) circular needles 16”/40cm long.
* 0.75 of a skein of Les Belles Bouclettes Amelia, sport weight yarn, 238 m / 260 yards in 100 g / 3.5 oz (60% mohair, 40% merino)
0.75 of a skein of Les Belles Bouclettes Pauline, DK weight yarn, 165 m / 180 yards in 100 g / 3.5 oz (60% Mohair, 20% Wool, 20% Nylon)
- Optional: sewing needle and 4 buttons.
- 270 yards (247 m)
The pattern is written out.
|Type of craft||Knitting|
|Yarn used||50 grams of les Bouclettes Arctic Wolf and 75 grams of Les Belles Bouclettes Amelia or Pauline|
|Yardage||270 yards (247 m)|
|Recommended needle size||US 2 (2.75 mm) straight or circular AND US 8(5mm) circular needles 16”/40cm long.|
|Size||23”/58.5cm circumference unstretched|
Louis' Hat pattern
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: P16
- Availability: 20