White Arum Pattern by Madeleine Windsor.
A beautiful shawlette (shawl) with a delicate lacy design
It looks just warm enough for late spring and Summer evenings, it will be a wonderful light accessory in early Fall; or a simply exquisite finishing touch over a wedding dress. (Or an elegant garment for any and all members of a bridal party!!)
Let Madeleine tell you about her gorgeous pattern in her own words:
"Inspired by the simple almost plain beauty of a white arum lily. Sized as a one-skein shawlette or two-skein shawl, this piece is a crescent-like shaped shawl knit from tip-to-tip. There are no long rows and it just seems to fly off the needles.
A simple cable and twisted stitch motif, combines with stocking stitch, and a soft lace edging to give an elegantly beautiful accessory to warm your shoulders.."
- The PDF file will be sent to you via email within 24 hours of your purchase.
- If you prefer the printed copy, check the option and the three page print pattern (printed on both sides of the pages) will be sent to you in a clear sheet protector.
- Your copy of White Arum pattern also includes a Ravelry coupon ( that will allow you to download a complimentary copy to your Ravelry library).
- Please note that all pattern sales are final and non-refundable.
- SHAWLETTE: Width 100 cm / 39½” - Depth 45 cm / 17¾“
- SHAWL: Width 156 cm / 63” - Depth 60 cm / 23½”
- Yarn Shawlette (shawl): 1(2) skein(s) of Les Belles Bouclettes Trillium, fingering weight yarn , 393 m / 430 yards in 120 g / 4.2 oz (75% mohair, 25% wool). Shown in white (natural colour) in the shawlette size.
- Needles: 3.5 mm / US size 4 needles. I recommend a circular needle (min. length 60 cm / 24”), but straight needles would also work
- Tapestry needle
- Pins for blocking (blocking wires recommended)
- 2 stitch markers
- Cable needle
- 4 mm / US size 6 needles for bind off (optional)
- 20 sts and 30 rows = over 10 cm / 4” in stocking stitch after wet blocking
- 110 g / 340 m / 370 yards (235 g / 720 m / 785 yards)
The pattern is charted and written out.
|Type of craft||Knitting|
|Yarn used||1(2) skein(s) of our fingering weight Trillium yarn (75% mohair, 25% wool)|
|Yardage||370 - 785 yards (338 - 718 m)|
|Recommended needle size||US 4 - 3.5 mm|
|Size||Shawlette (100 cm by 45 cm) and Shawl (156 cm by 60 cm)|
|Category||Shawl / Wrap|
White Arum Pattern
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: P12
- Availability: 20