ARCTIC WOLF - Worsted Weight Yarn,
Boucle, Novelty Yarn,
100g Hand-Dyed Skeins,
These skeins were spun using the fleeces from our angora goats. The mohair was blended with wool for added memory to help your garments keep their shape.
This boucle yarn is lustrous, soft and wonderful.
This yarn would be wonderful knitted into striking accessories. It would also be perfect in projects where textured yarns are used as a design element.
These ombre skeins are hand dyed in one colour and the hue changes from light to dark.
- Worsted Weight Yarn, Boucle, Novelty Yarn
- 75% Mohair, 25% Wool
- approx. 137 m (150 yds) per 100g (3.5 oz)
- Ply: 3
- Wraps Per Inch: 12
- Hand-dyed skeins, various ombre colours
More about our dyeing process
We carefully hand dyed (kettle dye) some of our skeins in small batches using professional acid dyes. They were rinsed (until the water runs clear) and washed using Kookaburra Delicate ( a delicate wool wash with unique blend of Tea Tree Oil and Lavender Oil) .
The colours are rich, vibrant and will be long lasting.
To minimize our environmental impact during the whole dyeing process, ( and when season permits it of course), we use water collected in our rain barrel instead of our well's water.
Each skein is unique (even dyed together). Some skeins have more or less of each of the colours and some may be slightly uneven coloring due to the kettle dyeing process. This makes them special, one of a kind.
When working on a project that needs multiple skeins, please, purchase enough yarn from the same batch to complete your project, as difference may occur between dye lots. We also recommend alternating those skeins to ensure an even blend of colours.
- Hand wash gently your finished item separately or with similar coloured items in cold water with a wool wash of your choice . Don’t leave it in the water more than 10 minutes as this will encourage the dye to come out and bleed on your contrast colour. Lay flat to dry.
- IMPORTANT: If using with other colours, hand wash beforehand, as this yarn MAY bleed slightly on the first few washes (though we take care to ensure no colours bleed on the final rinse). This is not abnormal and can be due to differences in water chemistry, the used detergent. Also, certain colours tend to bleed more than others.
Looking for ideas? Checkout these pages for inspiration!
- Home & Living: Crib Blanket
Note: We do our best to capture the true colours of our yarns. However, they may vary slightly depending on monitor/devices settings. We photograph all our yarns in natural light.
We are always happy to help, if you have any questions please contact us!
|Knitting weight||4, Worsted Weight Yar, Boucle, Novelty Yarn - 12 Wraps Per Inch|
|Content||75% mohair, 25% wool|
|Number of ply||3|
|Skein yardage/weight||137 m/ 100 g (150 yds/3.5 oz)|
|Colour||Various hand dyed colours (acid dye) - Ombre colours|
ARCTIC WOLF - Worsted Weight Yarn, Boucle - Mohair, Wool - 100g Skeins - Ombre Colours
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: YWM04
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Out Of Stock