ARCTIC WOLF - Worsted Weight Yarn,
Boucle, Novelty Yarn,
These skeins were spun using the fleeces from our angora goats. The mohair was blended with wool for added memory to help your garments keep their shape.
This boucle yarn is lustrous, soft and wonderful.
This yarn would be wonderful knitted into striking accessories. It would also be perfect in projects where textured yarns are used as a design element.
- Content: 75% Mohair, 25% Wool
- Yardage: approx. 137 m (150 yd) per 100g (3.5 oz)
- Ply: 3
- Wraps Per Inch: 12
- Hand-dyed skeins, various variegated colours
More about our dyeing process
We carefully hand dyed (kettle dye) some of our skeins in small batches using professional acid dyes. They were rinsed (until the water runs clear) and washed using Kookaburra Delicate ( a delicate wool wash with unique blend of Tea Tree Oil and Lavender Oil) .
The colours are rich, vibrant and will be long lasting.
To minimize our environmental impact during the whole dyeing process, ( and when season permits it of course), we use water collected in our rain barrel instead of our well's water.
Each skein is unique (even dyed together). Some skeins have more or less of each of the colours and some may be slightly uneven coloring due to the kettle dyeing process. This makes them special, one of a kind.
When working on a project that needs multiple skeins, please, purchase enough yarn from the same batch to complete your project, as difference may occur between dye lots. We also recommend alternating those skeins to ensure an even blend of colours.
- Hand wash gently in cool water with a wool wash of your choice . Lay flat to dry.
- Colours MAY bleed slightly on the first few washes (though we take care to ensure no colours bleed on the final rinse). This is not abnormal and can be due to differences in water chemistry. Please use caution and hand wash in cool water your finished item separately or with similar coloured items .
Looking for ideas? Checkout these pages for inspiration!
- Home & Living: Crib Blanket
Note: We do our best to capture the true colours of our yarns. However, they may vary slightly depending on monitor/devices settings. We photograph all our yarns in natural light.
We are always happy to help, if you have any questions please contact us!
|Knitting weight||4, Worsted Weight Yar, Boucle, Novelty Yarn - 12 Wraps Per Inch|
|Content||75% mohair, 25% wool|
|Number of ply||3|
|Skein yardage/weight||137 m/ 100 g (150 yd/3.5 oz)|
|Colour||Various hand dyed colours (acid dye) - Variegated colours|
|Recommended needle size||4–5.5mm (US: 6-9)|
|Recommended hook size||4-5.5mm (US: G-6 to I-9)|
Arctic Wolf, Worsted Weight Yarn, Boucle, Hand-Dyed Skeins, Variegated Colours
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: YWM04
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Out Of Stock