Butterfly Kisses - Lace Weight Yarn - 2/16,
50g Hand-Dyed Skeins,
As whisper soft as a summer breeze, working into a fabric as delicate as a butterfly's kiss, our lace weight yarn is a blend of kid mohair, silk and fine wool. A delight to craft with, our Butterfly Kisses is the perfect yarn in which to create deliciously warm, elegant , next-to-the-skin-soft garments, or precious heirloom pieces.
Butterfly Kisses is spun (in a Canadian fibre mill) using the fleeces from our Angora baby goats. The airy kid mohair is blended with luxurious silk (for an extra touch of strength and lustre) and fine wool (Charollais cross Dorset) for added memory to help your garments keep their shape.
This fine lustrous yarn is exquisitely soft with a delicate halo.
- Lace Weight Yarn - 2/16
- 70% Kid Mohair, 10% Silk, 20% Wool.
- approx. 438 m (479 yds) per 50g (1.7 oz)
- Ply: 2
- Wraps Per Inch: 42
- Hand-dyed skeins, various semi-solid colours
More about our dyeing process
We carefully hand dyed (kettle dyed) some of our skeins in small batches using professional acid dyes. They were rinsed (until the water runs clear) and washed using Kookaburra Delicate ( a delicate wool wash with unique blend of Tea Tree Oil and Lavender Oil) .
The colours are rich, vibrant and will be long lasting.
To minimize our environmental impact during the whole dyeing process, ( and when season permits it of course), we use water collected in our rain barrel instead of our well's water.
Each skein is unique (even dyed together). Some skeins have more or less of each of the colours and some may be slightly uneven coloring due to the kettle dyeing process. This makes them special, one of a kind.
When working on a project that needs multiple skeins, please, purchase enough yarn from the same batch to complete your project, as difference may occur between dye lots. We also recommend alternating those skeins to ensure an even blend of colours.
- Hand wash gently in cold water with a wool wash of your choice . Don’t leave it in the water more than 10 minutes as this will encourage the dye to come out and bleed on your contrast colour. Lay flat to dry.
- IMPORTANT: If using with other colours, hand wash beforehand, as this yarn MAY bleed for the first few washes (though we take care to ensure no colours bleed on the final rinse). This is not abnormal and can be due to factors like PH value in water, the used detergent. Also, certain colours tend to bleed more than others.
Looking for ideas? Checkout these pages for inspiration!
Note: We do our best to capture the true colours of our yarns. However, they may vary slightly depending on monitor/devices settings. We photograph all our yarns in natural light.
We are always happy to help, if you have any questions, please contact us!
|Knitting weight||0, lace weight yarn - 42 Wraps per Inch|
|Content||70% Kid Mohair, 10% Silk, 20% Wool.|
|Number of ply||2|
|Skein yardage/weight||438m/ 50g (479 yds/1.7 oz)|
|Colour||Hand-dyed skeins, various semi-solid colours|
Butterfly Kisses - Lace Weight Yarn - 2/16 - Kid Mohair, Wool, Silk - 50g Skeins - Semi-Solid Colours
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: YLK03
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Out Of Stock