PAULINE - DK Weight Yarn, 3/4.5,
100g Hand-Dyed Skeins,
These skeins were spun using the fleeces from our young adults angora goats. Their fibre was blended with fine wool (Charollais cross Dorset) for added memory to help your garments keep their shape and with nylon to add strength.
It is a lustrous and lovely yarn and is fabulous knitted into hats, cowls, mitts/cuffs, scarves or extra soft warm throws.
- DK Weight Yarn, 3/4.5
- 60% Mohair, 20% Wool, 20% Nylon
- approx. 165 m (180 yds) per 100g (3.5 oz)
- Ply: 3
- Wraps Per Inch: 15
- Hand-dyed skeins, various semi-solid colours
Please note: As of June 2017, there has been a change in this yarn. Due to us having begun working with a new mill Pauline has changed weight. This is now the yardage you can expect in this lovely yarn, however, if you have worked with Pauline before please be very sure to check your gauge!
More about our dyeing process
We carefully hand dyed (kettle dye) some of our skeins in small batches using professional acid dyes. They were rinsed (until the water runs clear) and washed using Kookaburra Delicate ( a delicate wool wash with unique blend of Tea Tree Oil and Lavender Oil) .
The colours are rich, vibrant and will be long lasting.
To minimize our environmental impact during the whole dyeing process, ( and when season permits it of course), we use water collected in our rain barrel instead of our well's water.
Each skein is unique (even dyed together). Some skeins have more or less of each of the colours and some may be slightly uneven coloring due to the kettle dyeing process. This makes them special, one of a kind.
When working on a project that needs multiple skeins, please, purchase enough yarn from the same batch to complete your project, as difference may occur between dye lots. We also recommend alternating those skeins to ensure an even blend of colours.
- Hand wash gently your finished item separately or with similar coloured items in cold water with a wool wash of your choice . Don’t leave it in the water more than 10 minutes as this will encourage the dye to come out and bleed on your contrast colour. Lay flat to dry.
- IMPORTANT: If using with other colours, hand wash beforehand, as this yarn MAY bleed slightly on the first few washes (though we take care to ensure no colours bleed on the final rinse). This is not abnormal and can be due to differences in water chemistry, the used detergent. Also, certain colours tend to bleed more than others.
Looking for ideas? Checkout these pages for inspiration!
- Patterns: Bernina Baby Jacket, On The Slopes, Louis' Hat, Forest Walks Fingerless Mitts, Forest Walks Cowl, Forest Walks Collection, "Embracing Angel Wrap" , Bows and Bubbles Cowl
Note: We do our best to capture the true colours of our yarns. However, they may vary slightly depending on monitor/devices settings. We photograph all our yarns in natural light.
We are always happy to help, if you have any questions please contact us!
|Knitting weight||3, DK (15 wpi)|
|Content||60% Fine Mohair, 20% Fine Wool (Charollais cross Dorset), 20% Nylon|
|Number of ply||3|
|Skein yardage/weight||165 m / 100 g (180 yds/3.5 oz)|
|Colour||Various hand-dyed colours (acid dye)|
PAULINE - DK Weight Yarn - 3/4.5 - Mohair, Wool, Nylon - 100g Hand-Dyed Skeins - Semi-Solid Colours
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: YSM03
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Out Of Stock