PRAIRIE CROCUS - Sock Weight Yarn,Sets of five (5) * 20g Mini Skeins,Gradient colours.
A fantastic sock yarn! This has all the beauty of mohair and wool, along with the added strength of nylon. It has a slight halo and is likely to bloom a little after washing.
These skeins were spun using the fleeces from our angora goats (adults). Their fleeces were blended with fine wool ( Charollais cross Dorset) for added memory to help your garments keep their shape and with nylon to add strength.
We carefully chose these hand-dyed mini skeins to match the different themes.
What about knitting them into a lacy shawl or scarf with smooth colour transitions? These mini-skeins could be also used to add contrasts to any fingering-sock weight yarn (like our Prairie Crocus or Trillium yarns).
The possibilities are endless!
- Sock Weight Yarn, 2/6.5
- 60% Fine Adult Mohair, 20% Wool, 20% Nylon
- Ply: 2
- Wraps Per Inch: 22
- Set of five gorgeous mini skeins
- Yardage of each mini-skein: approx. 70 m (77 yd) per 20g (0.7 oz)
- Total yardage: approx. 350 m (385 yd) per 100g (3.5 oz)
- Hand-dyed mini skeins, semi-solid colours
- Jonquille: sunshine, mimosa, butter, cream, white
- Lilas: orchid, plum, berry, watermelon pink, princess pink
- Printemps: deep forest, pale spring green, light cyan, very light cyan, white
- Easter: orchid, princess pink, cream, light cyan, very light cyan
More about our dyeing process
We carefully hand dyed (kettle dye) some of our skeins in small batches using professional acid dyes. They were rinsed (until the water runs clear) and washed using Kookaburra Delicate ( a delicate wool wash with unique blend of Tea Tree Oil and Lavender Oil) .
The colours are rich, vibrant and will be long lasting.
To minimize our environmental impact during the whole dyeing process, ( and when season permits it of course), we use water collected in our rain barrel instead of our well's water.
Each skein is unique (even dyed together). Some skeins have more or less of each of the colours and some may be slightly uneven coloring due to the kettle dyeing process. This makes them special, one of a kind.
When working on a project that needs multiple skeins, please, purchase enough yarn from the same batch to complete your project, as difference may occur between dye lots. We also recommend alternating those skeins to ensure an even blend of colours.
- Hand wash gently your finished item separately or with similar coloured items in cold water with a wool wash of your choice . Don’t leave it in the water more than 10 minutes as this will encourage the dye to come out and bleed on your contrast colour. Lay flat to dry.
- IMPORTANT: If using with other colours, hand wash beforehand, as this yarn MAY bleed slightly on the first few washes (though we take care to ensure no colours bleed on the final rinse). This is not abnormal and can be due to differences in water chemistry, the used detergent. Also, certain colours tend to bleed more than others.
Looking for ideas? Checkout these pages for inspiration!
Note: We do our best to capture the true colours of our yarns. However, they may vary slightly depending on monitor/devices settings. We photograph all our yarns in natural light.
We are always happy to help, if you have any questions, please contact us!
|Knitting weight||1, sock weight yarn - 22 wpi|
|Content||60% mohair, 20% wool, 20% nylon|
|Number of ply||2|
|Skein yardage/weight||Total yardage: approx. 350 m (385 yds) per 100g (3.5 oz)|
|Colour||Various hand-dyed mini skeins|
Prairie Crocus - Sock Weight Yarn - 2/6.5 - Mohair, Wool, Nylon - Mini skein sets
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: YFM15
- Availability: 3