Trillium - Fingering Weight Yarn, 2/6,
Sets of five (5) * 20g Hand Dyed Mini Skeins,
The perfect mohair blend fingering/sock yarn. Silky soft with minimal halo this will work up into wonderful garments you'll look forward to wrapping around you come autumn's crisp and winter's snowy days.
Perfect for a wide variety of projects; enjoy knitting this up into scarves, hats and lacy shawls.
These skeins were spun using the fine fleeces from our young adults angora goats. Their fleeces were blended with fine wool (Charollais cross Dorset) for added memory to help your garments keep their shape.
We carefully chose these hand-dyed mini skeins to match the different themes.
What about knitting them into a lacy shawl or scarf with smooth colour transitions? These mini-skeins could be also used to add contrasts to any fingering-sock weight yarn (like our Prairie Crocus or Trillium yarns).
The possibilities are endless!
- Fingering Weight Yarn, 2/6
- 75% Fine Mohair, 25% Wool.
- Ply: 2
- Wraps Per Inch: 21
- Set of five gorgeous hand dyed mini skeins
- Yardage of each mini-skein: approx. 65 m (71 yds) per 20g (0.7 oz)
- Total yardage: approx. 325 m (355 yds) per 100g (3.5 oz)
- Hand dyed mini skeins, semi-solid colours
Descriptions of the different sets:
- Forest in Fall: Brown Rust, Golden Brown, Rust, Khaki
- Forest Night: Anthracite Grey, Dark Green, White, Copper, Slate Grey
- Jacarandra: Plum, Purple, Golden Brown, Khaki, Light Fern
- Lavender Night: Slate Grey, Baby Blue, Copper, Anthracite Grey, Violet
- Lupine: Plum, Brown Rust, Old Rose, Rust, White
- Morning Glory: Violet, Royal Blue, Baby Blue, Turquoise, New Leaf
- Ocean Wave: White, Navy Blue, Turquoise, Duck Egg, Royal Blue
- Pansy: Red Sand, Rust, Old Rose, Mulberry, Purple
- Pinks: Plum, Old Rose, Amethyst, Princess Pink, White
- Spring Forest: Navy Blue, Royal Blue, New Leaf, Turquoise, Dark Green
- Sunset: Purple, Mulberry, Rust, Brown Rust, Royal Yellow
- Waterfall: Violet, Slate Grey, Duck Egg, Baby Blue, White
- Zinnia: White, Mimosa, Nutmeg, Copper, Old Rose
More about our dyeing process
We carefully hand dyed (kettle dye) some of our skeins in small batches using professional acid dyes. They were rinsed (until the water runs clear) and washed using Kookaburra Delicate ( a delicate wool wash with unique blend of Tea Tree Oil and Lavender Oil) .
The colours are rich, vibrant and will be long lasting.
To minimize our environmental impact during the whole dyeing process, ( and when season permits it of course), we use water collected in our rain barrel instead of our well's water.
Each skein is unique (even dyed together). Some skeins have more or less of each of the colours and some may be slightly uneven coloring due to the kettle dyeing process. This makes them special, one of a kind.
- Hand wash gently your finished item separately or with similar coloured items in cold water with a wool wash of your choice . Don’t leave it in the water more than 10 minutes as this will encourage the dye to come out and bleed on your contrast colour. Lay flat to dry.
- IMPORTANT: If using with other colours, hand wash beforehand, as this yarn MAY bleed slightly on the first few washes (though we take care to ensure no colours bleed on the final rinse). This is not abnormal and can be due to differences in water chemistry, the used detergent. Also, certain colours tend to bleed more than others.
Looking for ideas? Checkout these pages for inspiration!
- Patterns: Alhambra Shawl
- Kits: Alhambra Shawl
We do our best to capture the true colours of our yarns. However, they may vary slightly depending on monitor/devices settings. We photograph all our yarns in natural light.
We are always happy to help, if you have any questions, please contact us!
|Knitting weight||1, fingering weight yarn - 21 Wraps per Inch|
|Content||75% Mohair, 25% Fine Wool (Charollais cross Dorset)|
|Number of ply||2|
|Skein yardage/weight||approx. 325m / 100 g (355 yds / 3.5 oz)|
|Colour||Various hand-dyed mini skeins|
Trillium, Fingering Weight Yarn, 2/6 - Mohair, Wool - Mini-Skein Sets
- Brand: Les Belles Bouclettes
- Product Code: YFM09
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Out Of Stock